Sunday, September 27, 2015

Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Bread



Soup season is finally here!!!!! 
Cold weather, warm soup... What's better?!
Scrolling through Facebook I saw an amazing looking bowl of chili some had made. To top it off there was jalapeño corn bread on the side. 
I needed it.
So I made my own! I loved it so much I thought I would share.
I paired this corn bread with broccoli cheddar soup because I didn't have all the ingredients I needed for chili.

Ingredients:
(This recipe of for a 13x9 pan)
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Cake Flour
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
3 Tablespoons Baking Sugar
2 Cups Yellow Corn Meal
1 Teaspoons Salt
2 1/5 Cups Milk
4 Eggs
2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
6 Tablespoons Butter Unsalted
2 Jalepenos
1 Can Cream Of Corn
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Directions:
Mix together dry ingredients.



In a separate medium bowl beat eggs and then add other wet ingredients.


Add to dry ingredients and mix well.


Wash Jalepenos and remove seeds. Dice and add to batter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.



Add corn and cheese. Line pan with parchment paper. Dump batter into pan. 




Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Check the middle with toothpick or fork before taking out of oven.


Allow to cool and then spread a thin layer of honey on top.


Cut into equal pieces and enjoy!!
** If not eating right away this bread is awesome re heated. I throw it back in the oven on 450 for 5 minutes **


Enjoy!!!!!!

Thank you so much for reading!! I really hope you enjoy this as much as I did. 
Feel free to leave me a comment with any questions :) 
Check out my Instagram for more food/beer pics/recipes! @Craft_Brew_Gal


-CBrewGal













































































No comments:

Post a Comment